Borrow Local is an app created by a military veteran-turned-entrepreneur to helps people generate income by sharing items with their neighbors. It requires both an app for the marketplace as well as an admin dashboard.
The main design challenge of this project was to design the app in such a way that borrowers and lenders can access their information seamlessly. We went through several iterations of the borrowers/lender side before arriving at the current design.
Making renting from your neighbor as simple as pressing a button
Borrow local is an app that makes it simple for neighbors to rent out underutilized items.
- Lenders can post their rentals
- Borrowers can schedule when they want to rent an item
- Borrowers and lenders get paid out to their bank accounts
- Borrow local and local HOA’s get paid a commission on each sale
- Borrowers and lenders can leave reviews
- Borrowers and lenders can set up a safe location to meet
- Lenders and borrowers can verify their ID
Don, the creator of the app, is a veteran-turned-entrepreneur with a passion for helping communities work together. He came to us with a well laid-out design asking for help improving it so he could reach a fully fleshed out app. After about a month of user testing and some revisions, we got the green light to start development.
Over the course of a few months we built the app while Don started in a Stanford Entrepreneurship program and raised funding. With the app currently live in the App Store he’s beginning the hard work of ramping up the user base.